Objectives of the Conference
The objective of the conference is to provide the Heads of the National Statistics Offices (NSOs) of Commonwealth countries a forum to discuss:
- A wide range of strategic management topics related to leadership and management of their own statistical systems including maintaining trust in official statistics;
- Development of mechanism for a continual process of dialogue bilaterally or multilaterally amongst improved commonwealth statistical network in a collaborative fashion;
- The future direction of the conference of commonwealth statisticians, including the setting up a permanent secretariat responsible for producing a dedicated website which may lead to additional benefits such as common publications, a stronger collective commonwealth voice at international statistical fora;
- Assist in capacity building measures of developing commonwealth countries by fostering and encouraging a friendly interactive environment for participation in the conference.
- Explore the barriers, constraints and possible solutions experienced by commonwealth countries in implementing international statistical standards in a timely and efficient manner; and
- Identifying the areas for future collaboration in developing international standards and frameworks such a SNA, classifications and standards adopted across a broad range of subject domains through the formation of expert groups of those countries which have the greatest experience and success in those respective fields.